Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Salvation Of The Jews (Part 2 of 3)

Romans 11
5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

This passage is about the Jewish remnant that is elect for salvation. So, here's a question. How is this passage reconciled to the following passage, later in the chapter, which I wrote about yesterday?

More From Romans 11
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Some questions. Are all Jews to be save? Or is only a remnant of Jews to be saved? I thought I really had this issue figured out yesterday. I guess not.

Here are some comforting words of explanation, again from the same chapter, on difficult subjects likek the salvation of the Jews:

Romans 11
33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

And finally, words to live by:

Romans 11
20 .... Be not highminded, but fear...

No comments:

 
IFB KJV Directory